By Carl Curtis


I was sitting in the stand, looking at the time on the scoreboard, it was the 55th minute and we were 1-0 down, still not had a shot a target and I thought to myself ‘ this is probably the least entertaining away game I have been too ‘ and I have been to a few.

Just 10 minutes later and I am jumping around like I have won the lottery, City have taken a 2-1 lead with two fantastic strikes from outside the box, isn’t that typical of football, or City for that matter!

The first half was pretty even, neither side really threatening the opposition goalkeeper, the only shot on target of the whole half was a scuffed shot from the Fulham young substitute, Matthew Connolly was turned inside out in the penalty area by Fulhams Ayite, not once but twice, but why the hell did David Marshall come racing off the line when he would have served the team better to stay in position unless he was going to clean out the ball and the man, he did neither and Fulham took the lead.

Declan John started brightly in the first 10 minutes but faded out of the game until the last five minutes of the first half, at last today he took on the right back, went outside and put a cross in the from the byline, it’s what City fans have been looking to see from the young wing back and we seen a glimpse of his capability today.

There is very little else to report on the first half from a City point of view.

1-0 down half time.

The second half didn’t offer much hope of improvement in the first ten minutes of the restart, as I said I was actually thinking how poor a game it was from both teams up to that point.

Kadeem Harris came on in the 59th minute replacing Jazz Richards and even though he had no assist in Joe Ralls screamer from 22 yards, he certainly made an impact.

For the thirty or so minutes Harris played he was a breath of fresh air.

He was taking on Fulham players, first outside then on the inside, he was a hope that City could turn too and believed he could cause damage.

Harris will surely start against Reading.

Anthony Pilkington followed up Joe Ralls opener with another superb strike, again from outside the box, to put City in the lead and just five minutes earlier, we couldn’t see a shot on target coming let alone two goals but who cares, we were in the lead.

Whittingham hit the bar with a super free kick from 27 yards and had it gone in City would have surely run out as winners but Fulham piled on the pressure in the last ten minutes and David Marshall was left rooted to his line with a snap shot from the edge of the box in the 86th minute.

I would have taken a draw before hand after recent performances and results from both teams and even though there were just a few minutes remaining when Fulham equalised, I must be honest it didn’t feel like we were robbed of two points, I came away disappointed but believe a draw was a fair reflection.

City go up against Reading next Saturday at home and after the five games the most we can achieve is eight points, that is nowhere near what we need to achieve from that set of fixtures we there is genuine ambition within the camp to achieve a top six finish.

Final word goes out to the City fans this afternoon who sang from the first minute and backed the boys throughout.