Here are the highlights from today’s press conference with City manager Neil Warnock:
- Cardiff have already agreed a deal for a young striker that Warnock is hoping to sign on the 1st January 2017.
- Sol Bamba’s disciplinary hearing has been held and he has been banned for one extra game.
- Warnock rules out Julian Speroni joining from Crystal Palace.
- The manager has praised Kenneth Zohore.
- Jazz Richards is back in training but Anthony Pilkington has suffered a back spasm
Neil Warnock explains a bit more about his new signing: I’ve agreed to make one signing already, a young lad who I’ve been looking at over the last few months. I’m hoping from January 1st we’ll be signing him, but that’s not official yet so I can’t make any comment yet. He’s a young striker that we’ve been looking at. I just thought I’d drop that in so you can speculate, then you might come up with someone who I’d forgotten about and I can have a look at them! It’s difficult with it being Wales, if they’re English you’ve got to get international clearance for them, then clearance from Wales, and it’s January 1st which isn’t going to be easy. I just hope the people in those departments are Cardiff City fans.”
City fans will be pleased to see that Warnock has plans, and will welcome the new addition to Cardiff’s strikeforce.